Category Archives: Statewide
For nearly three decades National Real Estate Investors Association (NREIA) has offered an opportunity for affiliated associations to compete for “Awards of Excellence” and well as “Honors of Merit”. All awards are presented at the Mid-Year Leadership Conference, in June of each year. Some previous venues for this conference were Seattle, Pittsburgh, Denver, and Minneapolis, in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015, respectively, and we have had one or two representatives at each. While it is mandatory that at least one leader from each Chapter attend, we love it when other leaders participate. Interested? Let us know!
This year, our representatives were Andrew Lietzow, Exec Dir, and Leslie Couture, who joined IaREIA in 2015, as an administrative assistant.
Make new connections. Learn to save, earn, experience something life changing. All focused on the POWER of Residential Real Estate Investing and finding new ways to GROW!
What’s that you say? The Iowa REI Expo 2015? What’s the heck is a REI Expo? It’s THE Iowa Real Estate Investors Expo to attend in 2015 — whether you can, or cannot attend any other. In fact, there will be nothing else like it in 2015, or ever again!!!
WHAT: Our Annual Conference and Expo is when Real Estate Investors Unite for Success! We’ll get together to learn from each other, and from over 17 outstanding speakers! We’ll learn not only how to survive, but to THRIVE!!!
WHERE: The Meadows at Prairie Meadows, 1 Prairie Meadows Drive, Altoona (Des Moines), Iowa
WHEN: March 19-20, and March 21-22. Pick from multiple options, and custom designed tracks just for YOU!
DETAILS: Pick from …
- Full Event (which includes all day Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and if you choose, Sunday morning — see Event Page to get Sunday’s PM training class for F-R-E-E!) The Full Event does not include the Property Management training courses on Thursday, which must be purchased separately.
- Saturday Only Event (which includes Thursday night 5:00-8:30 + Friday from 4:30 – 6:00 + All Day Saturday)
- Track A – Thursday AM – Property Management – “Housing Code 101” – 8-10
- Track A – Thursday AM – Property Management – “Quickbooks for Property Managers” – 10-12
- Track B – See the Schedule — Track B is on the right and if you’re not taking the property mgmt classes, this is the track you’ll be on.
- If you choose Track A on Thursday, you will be entitled to a DVD of Track B. We will mail this to you, after the event, for no extra charge, unless something catastrophic precludes our ability to do so.
- The Thursday night (7:00-8:30) event is F-R-E-E and open to the public. The Friday night event, from 4:30-6:00 is also F-R-E-E and open to the public. All other events and classes are “Ticketed” events.
THE AGENDA: The full 3.5 day Schedule of Events.
The easiest way to register is to:
- Call Alita at 515-710-1955 (or 515-943-7261 as backup) for Investor Registration Questions
- Call Leslie at 515-333-2235 for Vendor Registration or Vendor Information
- Call Andrew at 515-255-0675 if you still have questions
You’ll find more details at www.Expo.IaREIA.com. See you there!
On our first evening of our Fall Educational Conference 2014 in Council Bluffs, Senator Gronstal spent significant time with real estate investor leaders in Iowa. He fielded questions about, 1) legislative priorities2) term limits, and 3) a brief discussion of eFiling services for members a complaint filed about the “Unauthorized Practice of Law”.
Sen. Gronstal felt very relaxed with our group. He reminded us of the importance of building relationships with our Senators and Representatives, whether seasoned incumbents or brand new this next session.
The value of having contacts with a great deal of experience in public office was evident. He left with a reminder that our Senators and Representatives need to hear from us because we are their best industry contacts. We’re the most informed, continually sharping our skill set with education, and vigilant in building positive relationships which is beneficial for our industry constituents in Iowa and Nebraska, too!
- The Fair Credit Reporting Act and and the simple steps property managers can take to eliminate any concerns about compliance with the administrative requirements
- How landlords can establish tenant screening and applicant scoring procedures that are objective and non-discriminatory. This helps ensure that any Fair Housing Advocate concerns about disparate impact and potential discrimination claims should not be an issue.
Ever wished you could get your hands on the money you need to do any real estate deal you want? While his encore appearance has been postponed we hope to have Alan engage with our membership soon, via an online Training Session — a webinar.
“Could You Use An Unlimited Supply of Money to Do All The Deals You Can Find?” This will be his topic.
Check out our NEWLY MERGE Calendar for times and venues.
Our Thursday Lunch & Learn for Landlords event will be held at the Country Inn & Suites in Clive, and the evening meeting for REIA members and guests will also be held there. Please register as usual from our Calendar.
Check out this audio interview between Preston Daniels and Alan on April 2nd, to learn more about Alan and what we’ll be covering in a future event. Note: his appearance has been postponed, so ignore the dates being mentioned.
This is your chance to discover how to finance any real estate deal even if you have:
- No Money
- No Experience
- Big Debt
- And Bad Credit
At last, you can learn how to consistently obtain the cash you need to invest in profitable real estate deals. In fact, with this new, bottomless source of funds, you will:
- Never have to miss out on a great deal due to lack of cash again!
- Never have to place a limit on the amount of money you can earn as a real estate investor!
- Never have to wait for a bank loan again (or go through the time-consuming loan application process)!
- Never have to pay points to hard money lenders again!
- Always be able to deliver on all your short sales!
- Always have more than enough money chasing you to do any deal you want!
So what are you waiting for? You’ll find registration info here –> NEWLY MERGED Calendar of Events.