Monthly Archives: December 2014
On December 18, members of the Iowa Landlord and Iowa Real Estate Investors Associations gathered at the Capitol to re-enact the billing signing of the Business and Property Tax Relief Act of 2013, originally signed June 12, 2013 in Hiawatha. In 2014, the actual tax relief for Iowa businesses was $127.3 million, which included significant relief for Commercial Residential Rental Property — primarily larger apartment communities.
A high-res photographic reproduction of the signed bill, known as “Senate File 295”, is now framed and displayed at the home office of IaREIA – ILA at 2175 NW 86th St Ste 16, Clive, IA 50325-5557.
We staged this event because IaREIA received national recognition from National REIA with an “Award of Excellence – Honor of Merit” in “Government Affairs” in June of 2014. This for a mid-size group and including all REIA’s from across the US.
We are deeply appreciative to the Governor and his Executive Scheduler, Alicia Freed, for making the arrangements. A heartfelt “Thank You” to members listed below who were in attendance for this commemorative event.
From left to right (Governor Terry E. Branstad is at the desk):
- Craig Campbell, Bondurant
- Alan & Nadine Suby, Ankeny
- Linda & Tom Mileham, Steering Cmte Member, Des Moines
- Sandy Mrachina, Des Moines
- Andrew Lietzow, Exec. Dir. IaREIA-ILA, Des Moines
- Kent Lehs, Des Moines
- Jerry Brelsford, Des Moines
- Joe Kelly, IaREIA-ILA Lobbyist, Des Moines
- Steve Ames, Marshalltown
- Marc Gillette, V.P. IaREIA-ILA and District Director, Wapello
- Rex McClaflin, X-Oficio V.P. ILA, Clive
- John Hoening, Grand Junction
- Larry Hughes, Norwalk
- Sherri Kubly, District Director, Edgewood
- Audrene Hansen, Des Moines
- Paul Miller, Urbandale
- Tom Nervig, Nevada
- David Sollenbarger, X-Oficio Exec Dir ILA, Des Moines