For nearly three decades National Real Estate Investors Association (NREIA) has offered an opportunity for affiliated associations to compete for “Awards of Excellence” and well as “Honors of Merit”. All awards are presented at the Mid-Year Leadership Conference, in June of each year. Some previous venues for this conference were Seattle, Pittsburgh, Denver, and Minneapolis, in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015, respectively, and we have had one or two representatives at each. While it is mandatory that at least one leader from each Chapter attend, we love it when other leaders participate. Interested? Let us know!
This year, our representatives were Andrew Lietzow, Exec Dir, and Leslie Couture, who joined IaREIA in 2015, as an administrative assistant.
RE: Our meetings for Central Iowa Investors. We’re changing things a bit, for the Summer months.
ILA subgroup Meeting: Holiday Inn first, then two months at the Cub Club, 1 Line Drive for ILA — Meeting starts at 8:00 with a Breakfast Buffet.
Two Rivers REIA subgroup Meeting: Holiday Inn first, then one month at the Cub Club in for July. Meeting starts at 5:30 PM. August is T/B/D.
WHEN: 4th Tuesday of every month, beginning April 28th, 2015 but check the Calendar at www.IaREIA.org for details. And if you’re not signed up on our email list server, why not be registered? We make all announcements via email regarding speakers, topics, and any required changes in venues or times. Open a F-R-E-E account today! — at www.IaREIA.org.
Note: TRREIA meeting is one-half hour earlier.
PRE-REGISTRATION: We need everyone to Pre-Register by Tuesday of the week before at www.IaREIA.org.
Make new connections. Learn to save, earn, experience something life changing. All focused on the POWER of Residential Real Estate Investing and finding new ways to GROW!
What’s that you say? The Iowa REI Expo 2015? What’s the heck is a REI Expo? It’s THE Iowa Real Estate Investors Expo to attend in 2015 — whether you can, or cannot attend any other. In fact, there will be nothing else like it in 2015, or ever again!!!
WHAT: Our Annual Conference and Expo is when Real Estate Investors Unite for Success! We’ll get together to learn from each other, and from over 17 outstanding speakers! We’ll learn not only how to survive, but to THRIVE!!!
WHERE: The Meadows at Prairie Meadows, 1 Prairie Meadows Drive, Altoona (Des Moines), Iowa
WHEN: March 19-20, and March 21-22. Pick from multiple options, and custom designed tracks just for YOU!
DETAILS: Pick from …
- Full Event (which includes all day Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and if you choose, Sunday morning — see Event Page to get Sunday’s PM training class for F-R-E-E!) The Full Event does not include the Property Management training courses on Thursday, which must be purchased separately.
- Saturday Only Event (which includes Thursday night 5:00-8:30 + Friday from 4:30 – 6:00 + All Day Saturday)
- Track A – Thursday AM – Property Management – “Housing Code 101″ – 8-10
- Track A – Thursday AM – Property Management – “Quickbooks for Property Managers” – 10-12
- Track B – See the Schedule — Track B is on the right and if you’re not taking the property mgmt classes, this is the track you’ll be on.
- If you choose Track A on Thursday, you will be entitled to a DVD of Track B. We will mail this to you, after the event, for no extra charge, unless something catastrophic precludes our ability to do so.
- The Thursday night (7:00-8:30) event is F-R-E-E and open to the public. The Friday night event, from 4:30-6:00 is also F-R-E-E and open to the public. All other events and classes are “Ticketed” events.
THE AGENDA: The full 3.5 day Schedule of Events.
The easiest way to register is to:
- Call Alita at 515-710-1955 (or 515-943-7261 as backup) for Investor Registration Questions
- Call Leslie at 515-333-2235 for Vendor Registration or Vendor Information
- Call Andrew at 515-255-0675 if you still have questions
You’ll find more details at www.Expo.IaREIA.com. See you there!
On December 18, members of the Iowa Landlord and Iowa Real Estate Investors Associations gathered at the Capitol to re-enact the billing signing of the Business and Property Tax Relief Act of 2013, originally signed June 12, 2013 in Hiawatha. In 2014, the actual tax relief for Iowa businesses was $127.3 million, which included significant relief for Commercial Residential Rental Property — primarily larger apartment communities.
A high-res photographic reproduction of the signed bill, known as “Senate File 295″, is now framed and displayed at the home office of IaREIA – ILA at 2175 NW 86th St Ste 16, Clive, IA 50325-5557.
We staged this event because IaREIA received national recognition from National REIA with an “Award of Excellence – Honor of Merit” in “Government Affairs” in June of 2014. This for a mid-size group and including all REIA’s from across the US.
We are deeply appreciative to the Governor and his Executive Scheduler, Alicia Freed, for making the arrangements. A heartfelt “Thank You” to members listed below who were in attendance for this commemorative event.
From left to right (Governor Terry E. Branstad is at the desk):
- Craig Campbell, Bondurant
- Alan & Nadine Suby, Ankeny
- Linda & Tom Mileham, Steering Cmte Member, Des Moines
- Sandy Mrachina, Des Moines
- Andrew Lietzow, Exec. Dir. IaREIA-ILA, Des Moines
- Kent Lehs, Des Moines
- Jerry Brelsford, Des Moines
- Joe Kelly, IaREIA-ILA Lobbyist, Des Moines
- Steve Ames, Marshalltown
- Marc Gillette, V.P. IaREIA-ILA and District Director, Wapello
- Rex McClaflin, X-Oficio V.P. ILA, Clive
- John Hoening, Grand Junction
- Larry Hughes, Norwalk
- Sherri Kubly, District Director, Edgewood
- Audrene Hansen, Des Moines
- Paul Miller, Urbandale
- Tom Nervig, Nevada
- David Sollenbarger, X-Oficio Exec Dir ILA, Des Moines
On our first evening of our Fall Educational Conference 2014 in Council Bluffs, Senator Gronstal spent significant time with real estate investor leaders in Iowa. He fielded questions about, 1) legislative priorities2) term limits, and 3) a brief discussion of eFiling services for members a complaint filed about the “Unauthorized Practice of Law”.
Sen. Gronstal felt very relaxed with our group. He reminded us of the importance of building relationships with our Senators and Representatives, whether seasoned incumbents or brand new this next session.
The value of having contacts with a great deal of experience in public office was evident. He left with a reminder that our Senators and Representatives need to hear from us because we are their best industry contacts. We’re the most informed, continually sharping our skill set with education, and vigilant in building positive relationships which is beneficial for our industry constituents in Iowa and Nebraska, too!